Representing Chile’s stance on multilateral policy matters to United Nations.
The bodies in which this work is developed are the six thematic commissions that comprise the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), the International Court of Justice and other organs that are part of the United Nations system.
- Enhancing the central importance of a strong and effective organization for collective action faced with today’s global challenges, most of which require multilateral action, while supporting the Secretary-General’s dealings.
- Highlighting the commitment to democracy, human rights and gender perspective, as essential foundations of multilateral action.
- Supporting high-level global efforts to offset climate change and ensure sustainable development globally.
- Contributing to the revitalization of the Agenda for Economic and Social Development of the United Nations, cementing alliances that enhance our contribution to achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- Ratifying the work of the United Nations in the promotion of peace and international security.