To represent Chile and promote its national interests at the United Nations (UNOG) and the various international organizations in Geneva of which Chile is a member.
- To implement Chile's foreign policy as outlined by the President of the Republic and to promote Chile's national interests on topics dealt with by the U.N. and other International organizations based in Geneva.
- To manifest Chile's commitment to Multilateralism, Democracy and Human Rights and Humanitarian Affairs, by participating actively at all levels to strengthen the System's mechanisms.
- To support and actively promote all initiatives related to Disarmament and Non Proliferation, both in the Conference on Disarmament and at the Review Conventions based in Geneva.
- To contribute to the work of the World Health Organization and its subsidiary bodies.
- To support global efforts to mitigate Climate Change and ensure sustainable development throughout the world.
- To contribute to the work of the International Labor Office.