Fiesta de La Tirana, Pampa del Tamarugal, Chile
You are in:
  • Home/
  • Extension of permanent residence

Extension of permanent residence

It must be requested through the Consulate corresponding to your jurisdiction no less than 60 days before the first year abroad and may only be granted up to a maximum of four consecutive extensions (before the end of every year abroad). The Consulate receives the documents and sends them to Chile, for the relevant authorities to initiate the process.

Those interested in obtaining an extension should go to the corresponding Consulate with the proper documentation, passport with the date of his/her last departure from Chile, certificate, card or decree of obtaining residence, and personal letter explaining reason of extension.

It is important that this procedure is done in advance since the documents are sent to Chile for the processing of the requested extension.